Monkey! (still in progress)

We have ink!
The scan was a bit off since the drawing is quite a bit larger than my scanner... oh well. Let's see, first I transfered the pencil sketch to a big piece of bristol (14" x 17"). I then added a nice circle border around the entire thing. I also added some more detail to the background and adjusted a few of the clouds. Once all that was done and I was satisfied I applied some India ink to the entire piece via various Pitt pens. I then erased all the leftover pencil marks. Now I can start applying color to the piece. I think I may try to scan this piece again before coloring to see if I can get a better copy. It may be a fun experiment later on to see how well I can color it digitally.